Subject: Anti-gun piece on KRON Tuesday

From: chan (Jeff Chan)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 93 00:41:47 PDT

KRON-TV, our NBC affiliate on channel 4 is advertising a
"special" to be aired during their 5 and 10 o'clock news
Tuesday.  It appears to track Ferri's guns.

No doubt they will use it as a mouthpiece for further
restrictions, including federal bans and Roberti's
magazine ban.

If you catch it, you might want to jot down some specific
objections, in particular factual errors, (libel against NRA,*)
obvious bias and slanted reporting, and then include them in 
letters to the station and the FCC.

KRON's news department FAX number is: 415-561-8136 

(They have several fax numbers, I specifically asked which
one should be used for public file letters about news stories.
I'll try to get the appropriate fax number for the FCC if
I can remember...)

Mark your letter for inclusion in their public file and cc
the FCC.   Using keywords like "Disservice to the community",
"bias", "irresponsible", "innacurate" increases the negative 
attention of the FCC at the time the station renews its license.  
It's one of the few forms of pressure we have for urging fairness.  
Be sure to write something like "for inclusion in station's 
public file" across the top of the letter.

(*report this to NRA directly; I think they have a media
watch project going on...)

Jeff C.