Subject: KRON 10pm news feature - Young Guns

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Chan)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 93 11:27:45 -0800

In case you've missed it, KRON (NBC, channel 4) has been advertising
a feature called Young Guns "kids who use guns" or some such for their 
10 o'clock news Monday night (tonight).  Among other things it says
10 kids a day are killed with guns.  Naturally they make it sound
like this is on the increase and imply that it's taking place on
school grounds.  (No doubt their definition of "kids" includes
17 year old gang members.)

Be prepared for lots of BS.  I'd like to be able to respond with
the section of state law describing a: age for hangun ownership
b: concealed carry, so that when they say we need "the Brady Bill" 
or some other "much needed new gun control" we can point out the 
current highly illegal nature of what they describe.

Jeff C.

The NewCenter 4 comment line: 415 561-8019
fax: 415-561-8759

Here's the framework of a letter, including address and fax #s:
---
			[address & phone]

                PLEASE INCLUDE THIS LETTER IN YOUR PUBLIC FILE.

          [date]

          Newscenter 4
          KRON-TV - Channel 4
	  Box 3412
	  San Francisco, CA 94119

          (via FAX: 415-561-8759)

          Sirs,

          [letetr body here]

          Sincerely,

          cc: FCC Complaints Branch via fax: 202-653-8773, NRA media watch